Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I ran my hiney off today!!


treadmill, originally uploaded by willemkristina@verizon.net.

I told myself this morning; 'THIS is the day that you're gonna run two miles on the treadmill . ' I hadn't made it past 1.75 miles, I had tried a few times, but I just couldn't yet do it. Well... not only did I make it to the two mile mark, but I went all of the way to 2 1/4 miles! Now, to many of you, that may not be a very big deal, but for me, it had been a solid TWENTY years since I've been able to run that distance without walking.
My goal is to be able to make it a whole 3.1 miles, so that I can start running some 5k's with my dad. And let me just say this, I AM GOING TO DO IT!

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

There's not ONE inch of quit in this gal!

Good going Kris! I'm so proud of you. Jogging is NOT my thing, so I'm going to leave it to you to fulfill that :-)

Love you girl - you are so hardcore!

Amy Witt said...

so amazing. Keep it up. I too have dreams of running again. I remember tearing down the neighborhood full speed and not even getting tired. I want to run with my kids.

You really are inspiring to me and I love the posts you have about how far you have come.

~Jennifer said...

Cool! I can *walk* 2.25 miles. lol

I can't even imagine running that long, though. Way to go!

SueAnne said...

Way to go mama! I actually jogged one of my six laps at the Y the other day. JOGGED-yikes jiggle and all! Those poor people who were behind me......:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations. That is a huge feat!! And you not only made your goal...but you surpassed it!! Isn't it amazing how much energy you have to burn?!