Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sugar Addict

Hello everyone,
Me again. The downer. Still can't find my mojo. Although I did get set up on Fitlinxx at the gym. I am a numbers gal, so I will find that very motivating. Frank is doing it with me. That helps too.

The sugar thing....I am an addict in full force. Out of control crazy. And it is so bad now, that I am not even picky about the FORM of sugar!!! Eeeewwww! I gave up the mocha and Frappe' habit a few weeks ago -financially so my son could have piano lessons. I thought it would be a good motivator, but now I am just freak-a-zoid in other forms. I even have my sweet pictures of Julie and Kristina from the New Years Revolution on my bedroom mirror to cheer me on! I need to go cold turkey again. But I don't have the accountability.

And worse yet, my body is seriously FEELING the effects. Pain, fatigue, uuuggh. And I get up everyday, thinking it will be different, and I return to the same drug. Sounds a little like a dog returning to it's own vomit. I know, eeeww.
Better days......
SueAnne

8 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Sueanne, could our fibromyalgia make us crave sugar? Sometimes I too get raging fits of craving.

Dunno, I was just curious...Maybe its not YOU per se?

Mom2the6Rs said...

SueAnne, what was it that made you so successful last year with conquering the sugar?

Jules

Anonymous said...

SueAnne--

I know exactly what you're talking about. Sugar is an aweful thing. It tastes so good, is addicting but has no nutritional value for our bodies.

It is very tough to do, but you're right, you just have to quit cold turkey and go through the couple days of withdrawal. You'll feel better for it.

Good luck and I know it's hard if you have fibromyalgia because you don't feel good most of the time and we grew up with sugar as a loving/comfort. My friend has fibromyalgia. I'm praying for you :0)

Lisa said...

SueAnne -

I may just be an overly stubborn sort, but I find that when I say that I can't have something is when I can't seem to stick with the resolution. Have you considered a transition period where you plan out what sugar you will eat during a day, limit yourself to that amount, and then stop once it's gone? That may be easier than quitting cold-turkey.

As a caveat, I know nothing about fibromyalgia and the metabolic or physiological effects it has so if this suggestion is unworkable or otherwise appears totally ignorant, it wouldn't surprise me or hurt my feelings. The suggestion is solely one to counter behavioral roadblocks that I (and not necessarily you) create for myself. End of disclaimer.

Either way, I'll keep you in my thoughts. It's hard to behave and sometimes it's no fun...but it has to be done to reach our goals, right?

Lisa

kimiko said...

Sueanne,
You can do it! Maybe don't go cold turkey. Maybe cut back to 1 frap a day or sugar free chocolate pudding. Work your way down to nothing. Good luck my friend. Remember all things are possible with God!
Smiles,
Kimiko

Chickadeeva said...

Or, can you find something AS indulgent FEELING as sugar?

If your inner gremlin is raising a stink, can you feed it something else?

You can do it! Just do it one decision at a time.

Kristina said...

Sueanne,
I'm sorry that you're feeling discouraged. Try not to beat yourself up too badly. We all struggle at different times. And sugar is soooo stinking addictive.
All you can do is make healthy choices for this day. One day at a time. But you also need to see how completely worth it it that you are. You are worth the effort to get healthier, you are worth the effort to drop those last pounds.
I believe in you, hon.

Kristina

Amy Witt said...

I feel like I have failed you my dear. I know you can do it. Believe me I know how hard it is to replace that food you turn to for comfort with something else. I will be praying for you and please email me and I will do the same for you.