Friday, August 31, 2007

How much stronger in two weeks?

In two weeks I will celebrate my 4th annivesary with the man of my dreams. We are going to Hawaii to surf and sun (which, is one of my fav places in the world). I've been doing my leg lifts and arm weights faithfully every night but that won't increase my endurance....

I wonder how much stronger I can become in only two weeks? I wonder if I really made a movie star effort I could train up to endure a weekend of thrashing?

Do any of you have any brilliant ideas on how I could prepare for the trip?

4 comments:

~Jennifer said...

You can totally get stronger in 2 weeks! It's amazing how quickly our bodies get strong when we push them.

For example, a few years ago I went to summer camp with my son's scout troop. Our camp was at the top of what was called "cardiac hill" When we first arrived I had to rest THREE times on the way up the hill. I only stayed 4 days at camp, but that meant many trips up and down that hill because the dining cabin was at the bottom of it. By the time I left I could march up that hill without stopping. I felt so great! So, in just 4 days I made myself quite a bit stronger, just by climbing up that hill several times a day.

Anonymous said...

Great encouragement! Thanks! I just came back from a 3 mile walk and will continue to push myself as much as I can with my recently sprained ankle. - Elicia

Mom2the6Rs said...

You can do anything, girl, I know you.


Jules

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!