Monday, August 13, 2007

I Walked 33 Miles This Weekend

Saturday I walked 18 miles, my longest distance ever, and on Sunday went back and walked another 15. What a ride! Here is a picture of me with only 2 miles left to go on the 2nd day...


And this is what I wrote on my blog immediately after the walk...

As of today, my body and I are very good friends! Yesterday I went on an 18 mile walk with my training group, and today we went out for 15 more miles of punishment, on those hills no less! Although I was afraid my body might not be capable of accomplishing such a feat, it hung in there and carried me everywhere I insisted it go. There was complaining, to be sure. My feet whined almost constantly the entire second day, my hips growled quite a bit at the end, and a couple of times my toes hollered, but I made it through, and I will never say another nasty thing about my body again. I am truly thankful for the body God gave me.

This weekend was hard hard work, but I feel much more at peace about the 60 mile walk ahead of me in less than a month. I know I can do it now. So, no more worrying about that, now I can look forward to that weekend.

I LOVE MY BODY!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Jennifer, that is amazing! YOU are amazing. That is soooo far to walk.

And I'm so glad to hear you say that you love your body... not very many people can say that. When you do accomplishment something that you've never done before,(physically speaking)you can't help but be grateful for your own health, and endurace.

Way to go Jen. I'm really proud of you!

Lisa said...

So, Jen, where can we make our pledges? You have done so much and I'm so proud of you that I'd like to add a little something to your fundraising kitty.

~Jennifer said...

Lisa, thank you! You can donate at my donation page:
www.the3day.org/seattle07/forty_and_fit

Lisa said...

Walk well and have fun!

Chickadeeva said...

Are you wearing your pedometer?

I'm V curious to see what that'd be!