Monday, August 06, 2007

Checking In


Hi Ladies!

I have taken Elicia's challenge, gotten a pedometer, and have been walking my (soon-to-be) little tush off. I've been averaging over 12,000 steps each day, but it's been taking some work to get there.

Also, I took a Zamba class last week at the Y. For those who don't know (and I didn't), it's a mix of Latin, funk, and kickboxing. In short, a lot of lunges and booty-shaking and the lovable-yet-pretty-dotty instructor yelling "sexy feet, sexy feet, whomp, whomp, whomp, HIPS!" I had a blast but my poor rear was a little sore the next day. Much to the amusement of my assistant. Anyway, I highly recommend Zamba to the Y members on this blog - way fun!

Also fun: getting organized. I've long suspected that there is a very strong correlation between my discipline in other areas of my life and in my weight. When I'm working out and being active, the house gets cleaner, and I pay more attention to other details in my life. And vice versa. Well, this weekend I finally got a Friday evening to myself - the first in months - so I splurged. I went to Target, bought tons of large storage tubs (Note: tons may only equal 12), pulled everything out of my storage closet (which hasn't been done in the last 6 years), poured myself a large glass of wine, and got to work. I threw away so much stuff - y'all, my closet was like a time capsule from 1998 - complete with unopened mail, ZIP disks, and clothes that I can't believe I wore out in public. Anyhoo, given my recent spate of organization (I also bleached the fridge, cleaned behind the stove, rearranged all of the furniture, reorganized the back porch, and finally did something with most of the books which have comprised what is lovingly referred to as the leaning tower of literature in my bedroom), I expect the weight to be falling off at any moment.

Not so fun stuff coming up: I have to bring up the subject matter of my compensation with the powers that be at work. I really dislike discussing money in specific terms, but it's gotten to the point where I'm being treated very unfairly and I'm afraid of the precedent it sets to let them treat me like this for too long. So, here's to screwing up my courage, holding my nose, and getting it done.

Other than that, not much is going on in my world. I joined a new tennis team and we start play this weekend. I turned 27 1/2 over the weekend (yes, we actually celebrated that one) and I'm doing my best to behave. And I think Blogger still doesn't like me. Oh well.

Love and skinny sparkles to you all,
Lisa

2 comments:

Kristina said...

"Love and skinny sparkles to you all". Love that! Just how mnany large glasses of wine did you have? : )

Lisa, you are doing great. That's alot of steps that you've been taking, girl. And doesn't it feel GREAT to organize stuff that's been hanging around forever?

And Zamba, huh? That DOES sound like a lot of fun!! I don't think that my Y does offer that, but I will certainly ask. Even just a plain old kick boxing class sound extremely appealing to me... but I think that ours only offers good old fashioned Tae Kwon Do.

You just keep at it Lisa!

Kris said...

You are doing great. It feels very good to get rid of things that are weighing us down. I did that recently with my closet. It feels real good. Keep it up