Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Milestone

I have hit the 80 lb mark today. I am at 192 down from 272 (that's 320 sticks of butter!) . I was just sort of going along in my day before I realized it. Part of me can't believe it. Part of me is still astonished. Why is it going so well? I am not hungry, I am not exhausted, cranky or having a hard time dieting in general. It is like with this effort I have just hit a stride that works for me. Everything is just clicking along and the weight loss is automatic. Just eating less and exercising every day.

Here are my progress photos, four months on my eating and exercise plan, although I lost some of the weight earlier. I count from when I got serious in April and took my first set of photos:



And here are my facial photos before and as of now:
My sister says that I look like a kid. What a great sister, huh?

5 comments:

~Jennifer said...

That is so great, Jan! You're positively glowing in the 2nd face shot, such a beautiful smile.

Lisa said...

Wow, Jan. You look great but that is a lot of weight to lose in such a short amount of time. Keep up all your hard work but please make sure that you're taking care of yourself while you're working so hard.

Congrats on hitting the 80 lb mark!

Chickadeeva said...

Wow! Good for you!

You do look like quite a different person. Do you feel different?

Kris said...

You are doing awesome!!

Kristina said...

Isn't it interesting to see how much our countenance changes as we drop the weight? I have some photos of me when I was larger, but it is rare that I am smiling. I smile sooooo much more now, especially when getting my photo taken.
You are just glowing in that second skinny photo. You look soooo great!! I'm so incredibly happy for you!
And I am with Lisa too. Take care of YOU. : )