Monday, August 13, 2007

Status: Sweaty Equilibrium

Hi Ladies!

Lately I have been taking the ostrich approach to my weight - keeping my head buried in the sand and hoping it doesn't eat me. Not exactly productive, I know, but sometimes it's scary to face the scales.

Well, I finally faced the scales this weekend for the first time in a couple months and you know what? Not too bad. I'm down a pound from the last time I stepped on and though I still weigh four pounds more than I did at this time last year, I've comfortably maintained this weight for well over 6 months now. And I'm5'10" - while 4 pounds is annoying, it really doesn't make that much difference in my appearance.

I also almost gave myself heatstroke this weekend. I've joined a new tennis team and the league we're playing in scheduled a placement match (3 pro sets, round robin for those keeping score) for 4:00 in the afternoon on Sunday. Now, I understand that most of you are in the Northwest and I bet it gets plenty hot for you there, but to give you an idea of what we were up against, the thermometer by the courts read 107. No breeze. Humid. And we were playing. By the end of each set everyone was ready to pass out, then you'd take 10 minutes to cool down and go out to do it again. I must have gone through well over a gallon of water in 3 hours but I still don't feel quite right today. Luckily, actual match play doesn't begin until September when it might be at least a little cooler.

Otherwise, I'm just plodding along. I hope the week brings happy surprises to each of you!

Love,
Lisa

3 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Um, I don't imagine I'd be playing tennis in 107 degrees. 97 degrees would still be a stretch. 77 degrees would be okay. Good job on maintaining your weight for 6 months!

Kristina said...

I am soooo with Jennifer. I can't even imagine trying to play tennis with that kind of heat.
Take care of yourself, girlfriend. And good for you for being a die hard. : )
AND, I'm glad the scale was kind to you. It's really hard to step on it after that length of time... I know that if I go for that long without weighing myself, it would be a GAIN, and not a loss. So- GOOD JOB! You 5'10" babe!

Chickadeeva said...

I think that's wacky too. I hope you hydrate the HECK out of ourself.

How are you feeling about your body? Do you mind the maintaining? Do you wish you were losing?

That's really the key...are you happy to plod...Yay if you are, but if you aren't how can we motivate you?