Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!!

And no, it wasn't me doing the splits in mid air. : ) I pushed myself to run further than I ever have before. This morning I ran seven miles on the treadmill. It took me 68 minutes. Just five days ago, I had pushed myself to run for sixty minutes, completing 6.2 miles. Which at that time, was the furthest that I had ever gone. You know, it WAS really hard that last fifteen minutes, but I just had it in my mind that I was going to do seven miles today, and I wasn't going to stop until then. There wasn't even anyone running next to me on the treadmill to challenge me,(which does make it a bit easier). I'm very proud of what I've accomplished. I never in my life thought that I would EVER be able to run a whole seven miles. It's kind of surprising the determination that you are able find, if you but begin to dig.

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I dare you to run the Boston or NY Marathon Kris.

I dare you!

Lisa said...

I sense a distance runner in our midst!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amazing! That's like running to my house!

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

Maybe YOU are the distance runner Lisa?

(how does THAT SOUND TO YOU?)