Saturday, August 18, 2007

Medium

Yesterday I went to a thrift store. I love thrift stores. You can find such neat stuff so cheaply. I never bought clothing there though, they never had my size - 3X.

Yesterday I bought two pair of shorts and two fall jackets, both in medium. I tried on the jackets and they fit well, but I didn't try on the shorts and all they had was medium, but I figured that for the price ($.25), even if they didn't fit, it wouldn't break the bank.

Last night I washed everything and this morning I put on the shorts. I was so thrilled. I had needed some workout shorts and they fit so well! Comfy and not tight and binding. I can't tell you how long it has been since I have been a medium. I just can't. I don't remember it. I think it must have been in high school. And it must have been early in HS because I was pregnant in 11th grade, so I sure wasn't fitting into mediums then.

I feel great today. This is 120 days since I started with my changes in diet and exercise. I have lost 76 lbs so far, 46 to go!!

Jan


3 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW Jan! That's incredible! Way to go!

Kristina said...

Oh Jan, I'm soooo happy for you!! You must be feeling like you're on top of the world.
It really is incredible how far you've come in just four months time.
Keep it up, girl!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Isn't that an amazing feeling? It is a reality check for me, even on days when I am feeling bloated or not so successful, I just read the clothing size on the labels of what I put on in the morning and it reminds me of how far I have come.

Jules