Saturday, August 11, 2007

I ran further than I've ever run this morning!

I hopped on the treadmill at my good 'ole YMCA this morning and ran 6.2 miles you guys!! It took me an hour, but I did it. This is only my second attempt to run for this long. I did it once before, almost two months ago now. At that point, I ran 5.7 miles, and I REALLY had to push myself just to get through the entire hour. This time, I felt much stronger, much more fit, AND, I was able to run an additional half of a mile! : ) I had such a large sense of accomplishment when I had finished. I did what I had never done before... ran over six miles. ME, Kristina. Not the skinny chick that's only twenty years old and has maybe 11% body fat, but ME. I'm very proud of myself, and the progress that I've made. It makes me wonder just how far I would be able to run. HMMMMM?.....

Friday: date night at the Y. I stopped journaling my calories after lunch. : ) I didn't work out today.

Saturday: I didn't journal today either, but I'm estimating now about 2,000 calories. I ran for an hour, burning 915 calories. No weights today.

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Kris,

You just keep raising the bar. You should be the Cingular ad!

Kristina said...

LOL Elicia! Good one. :)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Isn't it fun when our happiness can totally be controled by our own efforts?? YOu are in control, girl. No one else has the power to rule your world like you do. You are POWERFUL!!!!

Love, Jules

~Jennifer said...

Ooooh, I'm sensing a marathon in this woman's future.

GREAT job! I can't imagine running that long, but then I'm guessing you couldn't imagine it this time last year either, and now look at you!