Friday, August 10, 2007

The 39 year old who FINALLY started buying her own underwear!

I never really saw a need to buy my own undies, as my mother so graciously has purchased them at least once a year for me since the time I was, oh, let's say... potty trained. I kid you not. Once every few years I will find myself perusing the underwear, but never, hardly ever would buy any, because of course my underwear drawer was already stuffed full, thanks to dear old mom. The thing is, she would buy me functional underwear, and not overly pretty pairs, it didn't really matter to me. But the other day, as I was looking at my sillhoette in my full lengthed mirror, I could see that my hips and abs were noticeably more tone. ( You can imagine what an oddity this was for me, as I have bourne four children), and women who have had kids surely can't expect to look good in unwear, can they?? Well, I decided to treat myself to some new underwear of my choosing. I loaded up my boys, went to the mall, and got myself some black lacy underwear. And let me just tell you, I feel SOOOOO sexxy in them! In addition to that, I bought myself a bottle of my favorite perfume, as I have been out for months.
What really is the purpose of this post? I will tell you. It's about Kristina, taking care of Kristina. It's about taking pride in myself, and going after what I WANT, rather than settling for anything less.

Wednesday: 1,629 calories, and 17 glasses of water. I did 60 minutes of cardio, burning 857 calories, and lifted 51,200 pounds.

Thursday: 1,625 calories, and 15 glasses of water. I did 30 minutes of cardio, burning 481 calories, and lifted 15,000 pounds.

4 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Way to go!!!

What is your favorite perfume?

Kris said...

That is very true. You need to take care of you.

I did that by buying all new makeup and things to take care of my skin. Which I have not done in a few years.

Lisa said...

Congrats, Kristina.

I am a firm believer that every woman ought to clothe herself in any undergarment which makes her feel more confident, more beautiful, more toned, more sexy, more smart, more comfortable, or more entertained as she may feel that she needs it. You can't do that when someone else is buying all of your unmentionables for you, so I think this is a HUGE step forward for you. Find what makes you feel wonderful on any given day because when it comes down to it, what you're wearing under your clothes may be the only secret you have in any given day so it ought to make you happy if you think about it. And, of course, sometimes it should also make you happy thinking about showing it to someone else! :)

Mom2the6Rs said...

When the woman who brings you candy bars from Costco also is buying your underware, you have to know that something is amiss! Ha! I love you! I am so glad you are treating yourself to pretty undies. I have always had it as a goal of weightloss to get out of granny undies and wear something a little more tempting.

Jules