Saturday, November 11, 2006

Surgery

Hello everyone,

I just wasn't sure how much of this I was ready to post on the internet, but oh well.....
So, I have four, beautiful children. I am 5'1" and my body doesn't exactly pop them out easily. After only one, my body was TORE UP. I mean nothing recognizable about my abdomen. My stretch marks had stretch marks. And well, after the fourth and the last two being c-section, I had a large annoying, hanging, sagging, hard to keep hygenically acceptable flap of extra skin filling my jeans where my belly button used to be and a large vertical tear in my abdominal muscles that would never improve through exercise.

I was just plain tired of looking at it and dealing with it. We researched it. We prayed. We came to peace about the decision to have it surgically repaired and removed. We prayed for the financing. God provided (that in itself is an amazing testimony). We put ourselves on a waiting list. I had an option and I took it. They called on a Wednesday and I went in Friday(Nov 3) after nearly a year.

So this explains the surgery I just had. They removed the extra saggy sack of skin and repaired my torn abdominal muscles. I am very happy. No regrets. Moving very slow these days. I will have a new belly button to show off at the New Years Revolution and hopefully smaller hips, although, exercise right now consists of going to take a shower without passing out!!!HAHAHA!
SueAnne

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

SueAnn,

I am so grateful you took the time and courage to post this on our blog. It is important for us to appreciate there are many different paths to weight loss, health and repair.

It sounds like it was QUITE the surgery, but you will be up and at em in no time. I'm so glad you found a solution that worked for you and brought you peace.

I personally think that after giving birth to four children, you deserve THE WORKS to repair your 'damage.' Way to go!

Recover soon, and our prayers are with you. Looking forward to seeing you at the New Years Event!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow, girl! Good for you! I am so happy that the surgery option worked out for you! That is truly taking care of yourself and I am proud of you and your husband for looking out for the Momma of the family.

But OUCH! Sounds painful. I hope your recovery is going well. I also hope your church is helping you out with some meals and stuff.

Love, Jules

Kristina said...

Wow, you're brave. That sounds terribly painful! But good for you for going for it.

If I ever had surgery, it would be to repair/remove the flying suirrel flap of skin under my arms. : ) I'm working out hard, but sometimes there's beene so much extra skin, that there's only so much you can do.

Recover quickly, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again in a couple of more months.

Love,
Kristina