Saturday, November 11, 2006

I've been a bad friend

and I apologize.

For a while I didn't write because I wasn't doing much of anything- journaling, counting calories, or blogging. I started blogging again on my own site but wasn't sure what to say here.

Things are going ok. I'm not journaling and being as strict as I need to be. On the other hand, I'm also not going crazy (insane pop tart incident aside, but that was a while ago). I really want to find a happy medium between thinking about and considering every piece of food I consume and living my life. I want to just live my life in a healthy way.

What I have learned is that in about 40 pounds this will be a great way to live. That is, I'm maintaining doing what I am currently doing. Which is great when you have no more weight to lose, and not so great when you still have 40 pounds to go. I've been at 180 or so for a while now. It is not pretty. I may cry the first time I see 179 because it is taking me so long to get there.

I miss you ladies, but have been lurking. I apologize for the lack of posting though. Thank you for the comments on Jules' post and Julie, thank you for calling me out. Sometimes I need it. I promise to update more often.

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Welcome home, Paige. Glad to see you back. I really, really enjoyed reading your posts on your own blog. You are so honest and candid. Also, I am a bit where you are. I still have close to 30lbs. to lose, but I am just wanting to be on a "maintenance" program NOW. I need to be more patient with myself and keep up the "weight loss" regimin. It is hard after 311 days of being on the PRISM plan. That is like forever in the dieting world. But, if I get lazy and maintain, I will stay at 168 my whole life or creep up higher, for that matter.

Yuck.

Not for me.

Anyways, Welcome back. Missed you. Oh, and I love your blue eyes and freckles. So cute!

Love, Jules

Kristina said...

Hey Paige,
glad to see you posting again. I have been over to your other blog too, and have read several of your posts. I made those pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies, and GIRL... they are sooo good that they're evil!
Anyhow, I've not been journaling lately either. That's probably why my weight loss has radically slowed down. But, I'm still working out like a fool.
And please don't feel bad for "lurking". You ARE a part of this blog, whether you post all of the time or not.

Kristina