Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Quests, quests and one crusade


Merriam-Webster says a quest is a chivalrous enterprise in medieval romance usually involving an adventurous journey. Jules is on a quest to weigh less than her honey. A very adventurous journey if I may say so. Kristina is on a quest to weigh 170 by January 8th. Also adventurous. Both of these ladies have made such great strides that I am inspired to begin myself.

I need a crusade. A crusade is a remedial enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm I am stuck on this plateau. See me up there just running around on the top of this plateau. Sure, it is fun up here. I don't have to work very hard to stay here. I can even cruise a few days a week with not much problem but I don't want to stay here. I am tired of this mountain. I would like to explore the other, lower parts of this mountain.

Stuck here at 277 for 3 months. I declare a crusade to get off this mountain. It will mean getting back to writing down my food on a daily basis. It will mean not sneaking bites and tastes when I am cooking for the family. It will mean taking my vitamin on a daily basis. It will mean exercise daily not just 2-3 days a week. It will mean daily accountability with my accountability partner.

It will mean daily trusting God to keep me from giving into temptations. It will mean the Lord's guiding me down off of this mountain. He will show me the right path down. At times it may appear to be the hardest but His path is perfect.It is a holy calling to give my life into God's hands. I have even adopted a crusade theme song. The Potter's Hand totally says what I want God to do in my life. It is not about losing weight (though it is a great side benefit). It is about turning my life and my all into God's perfect will and filling my soul daily with Him. In the end He will be glorified in me.

Here are the words to this song if you are not familar with it:
Verse:Beautiful Lord, Wonderful SaviourI know for sure,
all of my days are held in your hands,
crafted into your perfect plan
You gently call me into your presence
guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life
through Your eyes
I'm captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart, I know you're drawing
me to yourselfLead me Lord I pray

Chorus:Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

You gentlly call me into your presence
guiding me by your Holy Spirit
teach me dear Lord to live through your eyes
i'm captured by you holy calling
set me apart, I know your drawing
me to yourself lead me Lord i pray
Repeat Chorus

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Amy, that's an amazing and inspirational mindset. I never thought of it like that before, but I am also stuck where I've been for quite some time. I like the idea of a crusade - with a purposeful mindset like that, you can overcome periodic discouragement. I may have to borrow it.

Tracy said...

WOW!! Those were some amazing words. Thanks for such an eye opener for myself. Sounds like you are on the right track...My prayers are with you as it is a journey worth taking to be healthier and in turn happier woman.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Beautiful, Amy! Just beautiful! I wish you lived just down the street so I could stop on by and give you a hug! You are so worth coming down off that mountain! And just think of how happy your boys will be to have you around in their lives for an extra 20 years!

Love, Jules
So Proud of You, Girl!

Kristina said...

Very inspirational, my friend. This was a great post!

You just go for it. I know that with God's help you can do ANYTHING! I believe in you.

Kristina

SueAnne said...

You CAN Amy!