Tuesday, November 21, 2006

As the Nutritionist Runs Screaming In the Other Direction...

All I have eaten since last Wednesday is: one (1) bowl black bean soup; one (1) slice of cornbread with said black bean soup; and mint chocolate chip ice cream for every other meal.

I have a throat infection so I can't swallow anything healthy, I don't feel too bad so theoretically I could work out if I had any energy whatsoever, and to top things off, the doctor doesn't actually know what is wrong with me.*

* This is not unusual. Every couple of years my throat swells up, turns white, and tries to fall out. They test me for strep, mono, and everything else they can think of and right when they are ready to admit defeat I usually feel better from all of the treatments they've given me for everything I don't have. We have to go through the same darned routine each time however; this time I bet the doctor a coke it wasn't strep. I'm still waiting for my drink.

I want to be good, but I can't - which is pretty frustrating. Plus I have started absolutely craving fresh veggies (mostly squash?!). Here's hoping I kick this soon.** In the meantime, I'm cheering the rest of you on!

** Likely since I'm on every antibiotic known to modern man plus what I can only guess are elephant tranquilizers from the fact that I take one and have to sit or lay down for a few hours until the room stops spinning.

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Awwwww!

Get better soon. Its awful to have a throat full of glass shards.

Keep the humor and the water going!

Tracy said...

That is too bad. I really hope you start feeling better soon.
:)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Sorry, Lisa! That sucks! You could probably get down squash...or cook it and puree it and have some "soup".

Hope you recover quickly so you can get back out there and conquer your world.

Jules

Kristina said...

Well that totally stinks! I hope you're feeling better very soon!