Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Status Report

I am not oh-so-very-busy-and-important to feel as tired as I have the last few weeks, but there you go. I'm tired, I'm stressed, I gained two pounds (and then stopped), and I'm still looking for that hour that I supposedly gained last week with the end of daylight savings time.

Through a myriad of things going on, I haven't been as virtuous as I should. I haven't picked up a tennis racket in over a month (I didn't have time to get back into my 8-week league this go around) and though I've made it to the Y several times, it hasn't been anything resembling a regular schedule. For a couple weeks there, the only thing in my fridge to eat was sweet rice (steamed sticky) with garlic chili sauce. Totally nutritionally blank, but I didn't have the time to cook.

This weekend, however, I made an effort. I made and froze a large quantity of pumpkin-pear soup and no-tortillas-were-harmed-in-the-making-of-this soup. So I have good food in the fridge. I made it to the Y on Sunday, went running on Monday, and will do crunches and other conditioning this evening. And I'll be back on track before you know it.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

way to go Lisa...you recognized that you fell down and you did what you needed to do to get back to it.
Good for you for taking charge.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Love to see your posts, Lisa! You are so honest with yourself and with us. I so appreciate that.

I believe in you, girl!

Love, Jules

SueAnne said...

Come on girl! Make it to the New Years Revolution!