Monday, November 27, 2006

Jingle Bell Jiggle Challenge

Yesterday, while at the Y... running myself silly...I came upon the Jingle Bell Jiggle Challenge. Something about this name really creeps me out (likely the word "jiggle") but here it is: My Y is challenging everyone to maintain their weight through the holidays. You weigh in in November, and again on Epiphany (end of the first week of Jan. for those of other faiths). If you maintain your weight, you get a t-shirt. Wahoo.

Thinking about this "challenge," I decided to come up with my own, personal, holiday challenge. Maintaining my weight is simply not enough. I need more of a goal than that. So here's mine: for the thirty (count 'em, thirty) days from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, I will go to the Y each day. That's my challenge, since it will be getting colder here soon and even the idea of leaving the house makes me want to curl up with some socks and hot chocolate on the couch.

I'm on track so far.

So, anyone else want to play? If so, what are you going to make your personal challenge?

6 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I'll play!

I lost weight during my recent trip to Pahrump, Nevada to see my family. I couldn't believe it!

I have started to see a little more definition in my abs - so I will commit to doing 30 MINUTES OF AB/LEG WORK EVERY DAY.

WHO'S WITH US?

Kristina said...

I'll play too. I hope to lose a pound a week for the next six weeks. That would put me to my anniversary goal of losing 85 pounds, within an exact 12 month period.

GOOOOO ME! And you guys too, of course. : )

Mom2the6Rs said...

I'll play! I plan to lose a pound a week (averaged out). I am going to work out at the Y as much as possible.

Let's beat the odds and not only stay even, but let's lose if we can!

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

Got last night in - did you do yours girls?

Lisa said...

yup! :)

Amy Witt said...

I am in, I am going to lose one pound per week too and move my bohunkus 4 times a week.

Jules, How do you get to the Y with homeschool and 5 kids? What am I doing wrong?