Friday, November 03, 2006

Last night, was the first night, of the STAIRS

Since I am no longer walking with my neighbor, and have not yet aquired my membership at the YMCA, last night I did my first round of stairs. I have eleven stairs going down to my basement, and I decided that I was going to see how many times I could go up and down within just twenty minutes. Going all of the way up, as well as down, (22 stairs) counting as one, I did 93 sets! That is 2,046 steps!! And my heart was a pumpin'. But it felt sooo good. I think I'm getting addicted to this cardio thing. I like pushing myself into a good sweat. I didn't use to be that way. In fact, I was quite the lazy opposite. I am just determined to get as healthy, and as fit as possible. And just because the holidays are fast approaching, doesn't mean that I need to eat uncontrolably and gain a bunch of weight! Not this year!!

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Terrific! Did you see the Dr. Oz show last night? So inspiring. I just wished he talked a little slower! Ha! So much to take in in so little time. We gotta get our waist lines to 32.5 or lower. I have just 1.5 inches to go to be away from heart disease danger.

Go pump those stairs, baby!

Love, Jules

Amy Witt said...

What a great idea. I will see about this stair thing in my house too.

Kristina said...

Amy, I like how you worded it: ' This stair thing'... you are too funny!

Chickadeeva said...

So, I actually did the 10 minute intense ab workout today (thank you Comcast's FITTV Free On Demand) and I feel it!

I think since I don't have a stair thing, I'll do an ab thing :-)

I do find I don't have enough cardio in my excercise regime. I don't like to bounce around generally, and riding horses isn't enough for losing any weight....what to do....