Friday, November 10, 2006

I did my hair too! Oh, and confessions of a middle aged mutant ninja turtle.

Dudettes, I've been losing and gaining the same four pounds for about a month and a half.
  • Things I'm doing:
  • I have been riding at least four times a week for an hour each time.
  • I have been doing from 10-30 minutes of ab and arm excercises at night before bed (seven lb hand weights and FitTV's 10 minute ab excercises- sometimes I watch, sometimes I just do the routine while watching something else)

I have started shopping for ONE WEEKs worth of fresh veggies and fruit. One week because I usually end up letting them rot before we go thru them. This way I have to steam them or use them or I can't buy new fruit/veggies and end up staring at the same tomatoes every day.

Things I'm not doing:

I have not been drinking enough water.
I have not been restricting refined anything.
I have not been taking supplements

Things that get me caught:
Using comfort food as a 'shake my fist in the air' - what this means is when I feel crappy, eating something decadant allows me to have some savoury enjoyment even though I want to scream.

Not being hungry: I get little sympathy on this one, but the fact remains that I can go the whole day (until about 4pm) and not eat a thing. When I do get hungry it typically means gorging on whatever is handy - when I'm a good girl, its a pint of Odawalla Superfood. When I'm not, its a pbj sandwich or two.

Its more than not feeling hungry, but a general aversion to eating. Nothing sounds good, nothing tastes that great. Stupid basic human need! However I must be responsible to this body o mine and care for it properly. If I can't do it for health, I can do it because I want to EVENT before I am 40.

So girls, ping me with your zany chiding and blessed encouragment, I need some accountability here.

Oh Julie, I was hungry the other night and decided on popcorn. Not sure it was the right kind - is there a perfect kind?

Oh - and girls, I don't like artificial sweetners or soy or tofu or anything that sounds too earthy or too techy. I'm a whole milk and butter gal. HELP!!

5 comments:

Bickler3 said...

Well, Micheal Angelo...DRINK MORE WATER...set an annoying timer to go off to remind you...I know it is not easy...I struggle greatly in this area!! So I appointed my daughter the duty of water police (which she loves) she keeps me accountable....Its a pain(mostly in my head cuz I have to remind myself..I told her to do this for a reason) But it seems to work...she feels like she is helping...and she loves buggin me and knowing there is nothing I can do about it.....

Kristina said...

Lookin' goooood Elicia. : ) Hey did you cut the back short? I can't see.. the last time I saw you it was pretty long.

As for your eating habits... wow. I can't imagine not eating anything until 4:00. I would reccomend eating at least some small portions of SOMETHING. ( For me, it's usually protein. Like a hard boiled egg, or a bit of turkey, or some nuts.) If you can't commit to, or do not feel hungry enough for a meal, at least do some snacking, even if you're not feeling too hungry. Your metabolism needs to be stimulated, otherwise it will lie dormant. And your body needs fuel throughout the day.

Good for you for doing the ab and arm excercises, that is excellent. And did you know that excersise boosts your metabalism too?

And lastly. DRINK YOUR WATER! If you are well hydrated, you will be a lot less likely to get muscle cramps, and will generally feel better.

Don't get too bummed over the scale. Mine hasn't moved much lately either.

Love you girl.

Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

Nah, its just a top shot to show off the red. I am growing it OUT girl...LONG, Long, long :-)

SueAnne said...

I gotta chime in on the water lectures. It is SOO key to your body "flushing" extra weight and bad for you stuff away. Really Alicia, find a method that works. Are you visual? Get yourself a jug the size of what your daily water intake should be and EMPTY it before the end of the day. If you are smart, a couple hours before bed too, don't want to be up in the bathroom all night!
I am a math girl. I like to swig 2 cups at time. Drink it down. Starting first thing in the morning, even before my beloved cup of coffee. Then I swig another two right after every bathroom break. Just replacing what I just flushed! Works for me. I usually get 10 glasses down before noon, mostly because that is when it is most convenient for me to be near the bathroom, then the rest of the day is downhill.
Anyway, find something that works for you. Oh, and do you hear that????ZZZZZZZZ It is the sound of your sleepy metabolism! Girl-eat! You CAN!!!!! :)
SueAnne

Chickadeeva said...

Hey Sueanne, that's a smart tactic about the after bathroom breaks. I can handle two cups (before my beloved latte) I just have to DO IT!

Isn't that the key? Knowing is one thing, but DOING IT _ quite another!