Friday, November 30, 2007

What exactly are we calling "maintaining?"

I need to know!

Because that was my challenge, to maintain over the holidays. And last night I found out the damage from the last two weeks (since my WW meeting is on Thursday, we didn't meet last week.)

I gained half a pound over the last two weeks! I'm now at an even 157, which means an even 80 pounds lost.

So, that's what I'm asking - does less than a pound gained count as maintaining? And does it make a difference if I tell you that it's my "time" this week?

If this doesn't count, just let me know - I won't be upset!

Oh, and one more thing: here is a picture of our office staff from December 2004. That's me on the right.



I found it while I was getting out my Christmas decorations last week. Could I have taken a less flattering pose?

And this was taken here with a tour group about two weeks ago. It's not the best picture, but you get the general idea:



And, in retrospect, I guess half a pound isn't bad, considering that I was served a holiday meal no fewer than five times within the space of a week!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah, you're a maintainer. Provided that the half pound doesn't recruit its former friends, fluctuation within a couple pounds is totally normal. You're still on track with your goal. Congrats!

Kristina said...

Oh yes, consider yourself maintained. ESPECIALLY since it's you're time...Way to go!
AND, I can't believe that was you!!! You look awesome! You're face is so cute. : ) You couldn't see your incredible jaw structure before.
Thanks for posting thers pics, you've encouraged me today.

Chickadeeva said...

Wow Melissa we haven't had many photos of you that show your progress before! You look AMAZING GIRLFRIEND!

If you're going to let yourself stress over a .5 lb then you can, but I vote with the others that you can cut yourself a break and allow the natural flux of your own body do its thing.

You are so beautiful, you shine.

Melissa said...

Oh girls, you make me feel so good! I've really been working hard today, too, to make sure that those former friends don't show back up!

Mom2the6Rs said...

I use a 3 lb. window for my "maintaining" definition. No worries, girl. Stick with it. Thanks for the pics, what a long way you have come! 80 lbs. is 320 sticks of butter, you know.

Jules

Jennifer said...

Oh, I like Jules' 3 pound window! In that case we're both maintaining! It's also that time for me. Do you think women over the internet can synchronize their cycles the way women who live together do? LOL!

And you are looking terrific! Really beautiful!