Monday, November 19, 2007

Stress

I have more on my plate right now than I can handle. Between travelling for work, packing people to move, taking care of my friends who are in crisis, obligatory pre-holiday baking, my dad being in the hospital for really scary reasons, no sleep, and other assorted drama, I have been so unbelievably stressed this last week and it's not going away. And it's showing in what I've been eating but at this point I don't care.

I think that yesterday I ate scrambled eggs, two ginger cookies, a glass of milk, and a bag of marshmallows. The day before? No breakfast, enchiladas for lunch, no dinner, and about a dozen Diet Dr Peppers. Friday was no breakfast, a full turkey and stuffing dinner for lunch, half a piece of meatloaf for dinner. I get that I'm stress eating. I get that this is quite possibly the worst thing I could do for myself and my body right now. I get that this is a slippery slope into bad habits. But right now, I just can't deal. I cannot handle one more thing at this moment so this is what I'm going to let slide.

Someday I hope to be able to handle massive meltdowns in a more constructive manner. But for now, I will settle for being able to go back to eating well when all of this passes.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

{{{Lisa}}}

I also melt down when stuff comes at me like you're experiencing, and this time of year is just ripe for those types of meltdowns. Try to say no to any new requests and take care of yourself. Keep running! It's good for those endorphins and keeping stress chemicals and hormones at bay.

Chickadeeva said...

Lisa - I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one that stresses myself out. Things will settle down. They always do. Good for you for not making yourself feel guilty for the meltdowns - its just a phase of life (I'm telling myself this too)

Melissa said...

At least you're recognizing the problem, instead of doing it mindlessly. That's a step in the right direction!