Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dieters Dilemma





I feel the beast within my gut,
A snarling, raging, mangy mutt.
To tame the hunger, calm the rage,
I'll throw some food into it's cage.

I eat the oatmeal, not the brownie,
Though fudgy frosting longs to drown me.
Sweet, upon my binging lips,
Giving me size 3X hips.

I ignore the teasing call of sweets,
And feast on whole-grain, healthy treats
At last I give up, nearly beat -
And go to sleep, so I won't eat.

That tray of brownies called to me
and lied to me so earnestly!
It spoke to me of just one bite,
"You needn't journal late at night!"

No one would ever need to know
But that's a path I will not go.
My strength is bigger than my gut
So go to bed, you mangy mutt!





This poem inflicted upon you by me, JanB

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

That was cute Jan - thanks for sharing :-)

Jennifer said...

That was GREAT! Made me giggle this morning.

Kristina said...

Jan, you are a riot!
And oh, so poetic. : )