Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A funny conversation...

Last night, as my husband and I were discussing the events of our days, he brought up me going to the Y, and this is what he said;'I'll bet that you worked out REALLY hard today, because you couldn't go yesterday.'And this was my response;'No, I wanted to save my energy to do yard work, so I only ran three miles and lifted 58,000 pounds.'And then he burst into laughter, which in turn made me laugh. But the thing is, I wasn't trying to be smart, I was serious when I said it. But then we were talking about how a couple of years ago, none of this would have ever happenned. I was so large, and had such low energy, that I rarely wanted to leave my home. Combined with the fact that I had a very low self image.
Well, I have left that woman behind. I vaguely remember what she looks like, or how she felt about herself. All I know is who I am NOW. And I love myself NOW.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

We know you and love you now too! You have seriously changed your life and I'm thrilled that it has brought you so much energy and joy in the process. I know you get the "i" word alot, but you really are an inspiration!

Chickadeeva said...

It WORKS - IT REALLY REALLY WORKS!

Exercise, eating right and resting well DOES make you happier!

Maggie said...

Hi there.

I'd love to join this group - please let me know how i might be able to.
Thanks.

Peace,
Maggie

Chickadeeva said...

Hey Maggie - I need your email address to add you as a contributor...