Monday, November 26, 2007

Better Now.

Hi. I'm back.

My dad's out of the hospital (and thankfully, alive and looking much better), everything has calmed down, I ran my 8 mile Thanksgiving Day race (and finished well ahead of my goal time), I'm keeping with my training schedule, and my eating patterns have returned to normal. No more marshmallows for breakfast. So I'm back.

In good news, over the holidays I got many compliments on how great I look. While I've lost only a couple pounds running, it has built muscle mass and slimmed me down and it's noticeable in certain places. Like where, you ask? Exhibit A - my tighter waistline (and are those abs you feel? Why yes, they might be). Exhibit B - the jeans which are saggy in the rear (sadly, they're my favorites) which have to be hitched up frequently now. Assuming that I didn't do too much damage over my little binge break, I think I'm in good position heading into the holidays.

I promise to get with the tracking the jingle jigglers this week. It looks like everyone's doing well, so I'm proud of y'all. And I can't wait to hear how Melissa's Thanksgiving plan worked in action.

Love to you all,
Lisa

2 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Each one of those things is good news!

First that your dad is better is awesome! I'm sure that was very upsetting for you and your family.

Secondly, you are rocking my world with your eight flipping mile race! You are incredible....It makes me wish I liked running, but alas, I'll have to let the horseys do my running for me.

Thirdly - ABS? Yay Girl! How excellent is that? Besides, you needed new jeans anyway - right?

You are impressive. All that and in Law too? I hope you feel extra good about yourself cuz we think you're the BOMB!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Way to go, Lisa! You sound like your life is in the upswing. Keep up the running and the pushing yourself to better things. Best wishes to your Dad.


Jules