Saturday, November 03, 2007

Becoming an athelete again...

Yesterday, I ran six miles. It is not a record for me, but is quite a distance non the less. But the point is, from the last time that I ran this full distance, which I believe is around three weeks ago, I can feel a noticeable difference. I felt a big difference in my endurance, and how I was feeling during the run. I didn't really feel that tired until the last five minutes. And it took me a solid 59 minutes to run that far. In fact, I was able to carry on a conversation for a good portion of my run... It's so cool for me to see my own progress. And it's weird too. I've increased several of the weights for lifting recently as well. I'm just, well, getting into better shape. I'm feeling stronger. I'm feeling more fit. I'm feeling more alive...

2 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I love to hear the 'effect' that moving your body and eating right has on your overall feelings...You feel beautiful, strong, fit, accomplished.

Who'd have thought that just by putting one foot in front of the other you could accomplish so much?

You are awesome. Always have been, always will be.

Lisa said...

What a coincidence! Our group ran 6 miles early Saturday morning and it wasn't until the very end that I started feeling tired - even with all the hills - and I thought the very same thing. It was much easier than it would have been a month ago. Doesn't that just make you feel wonderful?