Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hurts Good?

I am a total masochist.

I hurt.

And I like it.


Yeah, I have been doing my sit ups, my leg lifts, I've even been riding horses. I'm totally a wreck sore. I can't raise my arms very high...I can't walk very fast, but you know what?

I like it.

I live in a lot of discomfort. Fibromyalgia steals my deep sleep, and even makes putting on clothes painful. I have a lot of pain I can't choose.

So I love the pain I do choose.

What do you do that is like this? What hurts good to you?

3 comments:

Mom said...

I used to love the pain that came from a "hearty" meal. Now I kind of love hunger pangs. They can be painful, but I equate them with fat loss. Other than that, I can't really say that there are any other pains that I get into. I have to admit that a little stiffness after a good healthy romp in bed is not bad.

Kristina said...

I like to feel my muscles the next day after working out really hard. There are a couple of weight machines that my quads scream at me for using... but I use them none-the-less, and I'm all of the more fit for it.

Mom2the6Rs said...

What a profound post..."I have a lot of pain I can't choose...I love the pain I do choose..." Wow. That makes a lot of sense. I like the pain of falling into bed at a physically and emotionally exhausting day that I didn't neccessarily like, but I feel good because I made it through and I loved people during it all.

Jules