Monday, November 05, 2007

Following the Challenge - Logistics Edition

Ladies,
We are three days away from the official end of the first week of the Jingle Jiggle Challenge - Thursday starts the beginning of week 2 - and I want to make sure that I have everyone's challenge choices straight. Please check below to make sure that I've got your challenge choice (and let me know if I don't have your choice right).

The way I see this going down is through a weekly post recognizing those people who have kept their challenge goals. Each week will come with a different "badge" showing that they met or maintained their challenge for the week. The "badge" will be a small picture that will then appear throughout the challenge next to your name on the sidebar. If you keep with the challenge each week, you'll accumulate quite a string of badges that you can see and feel proud of.

Since Thursday will be the start of the new week, I anticipate doing the weekly recognition and badges each Friday morning for the prior week. That will allow everyone to email me their results on Thursday and allow me to get my act together and recognize everyone's hard work. So, each week of the challenge, please email me your results - whether you met your challenge goal or not - on Thursday. If you forget and I get your email Friday, that's no big deal but I would like to get everyone squared away on Friday morning. Email your results to jinglejigglechallenge-at-gmail.com.

The current challenge goals I have for each of you are as follows:

Kristina: Workout 5x per week; lose 5 lbs recently gained
Jan B: Maintain 2lb. per week weight loss rate
Melissa: Maintain current weight over the holidays
Kris: Workout 4x per week
Jennifer: Workout 4x per week & eat breakfast everyday
Lisa: Follow half marathon training schedule (no missed workouts)
Elicia: Situps and leg lifts each night
Jules: Journal and share journal with PRISM group
Patty: Walk 5x per week; drink enough water; meal portion control

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added, modified, or patted gently on the back and steered away from the leftover candy corn. Otherwise, I look forward to hearing how the first week went!


Love,
Lisa

7 comments:

~Jennifer said...

I believe Patty added a goal for the challenge too.

Lisa said...

Noted and fixed. Thanks Jen!

Chickadeeva said...

Wow, my goal sounds lame compared to these five mile babies we have here!!

Lisa said...

Elicia:

That's five times. But if they go five miles, more power to them!

Chickadeeva said...

Amen, but we'll see if I can up my challenge a bit more seeing how motivated those ladies are!

Patty said...

Hi Everyone!

I've been doing the water and the walking, pretty good on portions except for that evil Halloween candy sitting around leering at me, daring me to resist! (I didn't...resist, that is.) The kids still have candy but I'm resisting well now, even despite the fact that I have a generous 8yo who is eager to share with mom. The 8yo loves me back, but the candy sure doesn't. Hope everyone else is jingling away those jiggles!

Jennifer said...

I'm not doing so well on the challenge. I walked last Thursday, but haven't since, and I'm not eating breakfast. That cold/flu/whatever really kicked my butt and I'm having trouble getting back to normal.