Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Jiggle is Still Jigglin'

I really haven't lost any weight in a very long time. There, I admitted it. Months ago Jennifer and I sent each other food and exercise diaries and I lost about eight pounds. Now whatever I do it doesn't seem to be enough to move those scale numbers. At least I'm not gaining, but...

I'd really love to shop in the regular clothes sizes again. I'd love my weight to start with a *1* instead of a *2*. I'd love to be able to have my stomach go IN when I suck it in, instead of still pooching out. I'd love to have more energy and be more fit.

My main problems are inconsistency and just plain eating too much. I'm not consistent about exercising and drinking LOTS of water. I get discouraged and quit. I'm a pretty good cook and even if I stay away from junk food, my portions are too big. Yesterday I made a chicken curry dish with green peppers, pineapple, oranges, and brown rice on the side, and green salad. I ate two big helpings. Should I start cooking bland food or burning dinner to save my waistline? Ha.

Oh yeah, I also live in a house full of skinny people. Sometimes they bake brownies or buy big bags of chips. Sigh.

Okay, enough whining. For the holiday challenge, I will walk at least five times a week, focus on drinking LOTS of water, and cut down on my portion size...no seconds, and no big *firsts* either. LOL Drinking water before meals and using a smaller plate should help.

I'm not promising to lose a certain number of pounds by Jan. 1st, but I hope I will be at least a little smaller then than I am now.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Hang in there Patty! One thing that I have found is that I can eat those stir fry dishes without the rice! That cuts a lot of calories out. Try that, it might help.

Lisa said...

Patty,

The best thing that you have going for you now is your determination. Everyone gets stuck, but you obviously are not going to let yourself stay that way which shows an incredible amount of intiative and ambition.

When I find myself eating too much in terms of portion, I change what I cook and load up on dishes that are filling but mostly vegetable-based. Eggplant, zucchini, and squash often cook well in hearty dishes and provide a base that is filling with a lot less calories than pasta, rice, and excess protein.

Hang in there, Patty. And check in to let us know how you're doing!

Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

Patty, my biggest advice is for you to stop "winging it". Have you considered joining a particular weighloss plan, like Weight Watchers or Prism or something? It is so good to be able to follow a plan. Especially one you don't have to figure out from beginning to end.

Jules

Melissa said...

I've been stuck all summer, and I think I may FINALLY be coming out of it - just in time for the holidays!

Keep going - something will budge sooner or later!

Patty said...

Thanks for the advice and support, everyone. Julie, yes, I have considered joining Weight Watchers or something similar. I did join one of those Bible study type weight loss groups similar to Light Weigh; the fellowship was great but really, the practical side of it was just...watch portions and stop when you're getting full (not stuffed). I loved the group but didn't lose anything. Off to see what I can find out online about WW, Prism, or whatever else I find.

Jennifer said...

Patty, I'm so glad to see you posting here! I've been stuck for a long time too. I lost some weight right after the walk, but I've put 3 of those pounds back on, and maintained this weight for several weeks now. I'm ready to start losing again too! Maybe we should start sharing food diaries again.