Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beyond the Drama: Checking In

Okay, so as it happens I never got around to buying the running shoes on Friday. Because things got worse. I carelessly did something totally out of line, causing trouble for people I care about. Then I got a phone call from my best friend in the world telling me that his wife packed their son and the dog and went 200 miles away in the middle of the night to stay with her sister. And that she's not sure she wants to come back (or why she left). Oh, and the sister of another good friend called me Sunday night to ask if I think her sister needs to be checked into rehab. This was after getting almost no sleep all weekend. And between causing trouble (which I feel very ashamed about - I hate feeling like this and wish I could make it go away but I can't) and dealing with everyone else's problems, I am totally spent. If any of you would like to send any prayers in the way of any of these people that I've mentioned, please feel free. I think the Heavenly Father's intervention would make things a lot better for everyone and goodness knows everyone needs as much guidance as they can get.

So anyway, in keeping with the title of the post, I'm moving beyond the drama. To that end, I got the Nike+ipod sensor that I was asking about a week ago and I truly love it. It's super accurate, it keeps really good track of my workouts, and it provides motivation during both walks and runs. I maybe kind of have a crush on it.

I've also been losing weight. It's nice to see this running paying off, but I've lost 6 pounds since I started running awhile back. Of course, I gained a couple when I started too so that offsets a little (although I'm convinced it was muscle) but it's nice to see progress. I officially earned a massage this morning by making it down to the next 5 pound interval.

In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed how much my eating patterns have changed. I'm eating a lot more "wholesome" foods - nearly nothing processed, balanced meals, and regular meals - and it's making me feel pretty good. And it's not really that hard since I've been finding meals I like and making everything from scratch. I have a recipe for a great (but pretty easy) soup that I'll post soon for those who are feeling adventurous.

I'm off to run tonight and hopefully work off some of this stress. And maybe get around to buying new shoes. (We'll see).

I hope everyone has a great week, and don't forget the Jingle Jiggle Challenge starts Thursday! It's time to start getting excited!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh Lisa,
I'm sorry about your friends and all of the extra drama. It sounds like you're taking care of YOU, regardless.
I'm glad that you're lovin' them new shoes! And congrats on the loss! : )
Keep on runnin' sistah! : )

Patty said...

I am so sorry for all the troubles in your life right now. I will most certainly be praying for you, for the friend whose wife left him, and for the sister who may need rehab...for wisdom, strength, peace, and reconciliation for all involved.

Good for you for taking care of yourself even in the midst of the unwanted drama. The endorphins don't hurt either.

Blessings to you.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Lisa, I believe in you! Glad you are apart of this blog. This little family!

Jules

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you're making the choice to move on away from the drama. None of us needs that in our lives. If you messed up, you do what you can to make it right, or maybe just ask for forgiveness, and then move on. We all mess up. Don't dwell. Sounds like you're doing terrificly in the fitness department. Good for you!