Thursday, October 25, 2007

Learn from Me


Learn from me,
Those who are weak and hungry
For I have gorged and
I pay the debt of the greedy.

Learn from me
Those who didn't have two slices of pumpkin pie
For I have indeed - and added whipped cream,
I pay the debt of the piggy.

Learn from me
Those who are on the edge
For I have fallen off and
I feel pretty yucky now :-=)


(Do you see a pattern of being unable to finish?) LOL -

I just had two pieces of pumpkin pie. It wasn't even good, but it was good enough for me to feel like I was doing decadent. I think I felt I deserved it somehow, but now I realize that maybe stuffing myself is punishing myself rather than treating.

Hope you drink water instead of falling into the pit that is my error.....the one that lies heavy in the bottom of my stomach.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL! I love your poem and the picture. :-)

We've all been in that pit, babe. Food digests, tomorrow's a new day.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Food digests...tomorrow's a new day...I love that, Jen! Funny!

Thanks for making me smile. I have been saying "NO" to the piggy in me for about 10 days now and I am feeling much better. I've lost 5 lbs., too.

Jules

Kristina said...

Elicia,
I love the photo, I love the poem, I love you. : )

Melissa said...

I have to fight so hard against the "I deserve it" syndrome. And the older I get, the harder it is!