Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I Was Yearning for Peanut M & M's

I could almost taste their peanutty goodness...cruncy salty nuts surrounded by sweet melty chocolate and that cruncy candy shell. Mmmmmm...doesn't it make your mouth water? There's a whole unopened bag in my house. :::sigh::::

Then I thought of you ladies. I came here and saw your weight tickers, goals met, successes shared, your lovely pictures...and I thought of how I would feel if I ate an enormous pile of those peanut M & M's. Because I can't eat just one...or just ten. Sure, I'd feel good for a while, but then that "icky" feeling would set in...the physical feeling I'm well acquainted with after a big junk food binge...and that why-did-I-do-this-again smack-my-forehead huge disappointing emotional crash that mirrors the crash in blood sugar.

And I did NOT eat them. I didn't even open the bag...I didn't even go look at it and salivate. I'm going for my walk now. I'll have a big glass of water afterward, and maybe, a few apple slices.

Thanks ladies!!!

7 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Hey, that is a huge accomplishment!

I would like to applaud you

CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Jennifer said...

Very big accomplishment!

Me? I'm having trouble getting back to a more normal, more disciplined eating routine. I got spoiled on vacation eating out for every meal, and now I've become addicted to snack foods again. It doesn't help that we all got sick with colds the day after Mike and I got back. :-P

So, I am really impressed with your resolve, and in honor of it I will do better tomorrow. :-)

Mom said...

I am so glad that you have made that mental connection that is so important. It overrides the impulse to overeat just for taste's sake. You are at an important point right now.

Lisa said...

That is way more willpower and motivation than I think I would have had - what a great job you've done getting your attitude in shape - your body can't help but follow!

Chickadeeva said...

Are you psyched yet? Its all HAPPENING :-)

Patty said...

Yeah, I "hope" my body follows! Right now it looks like the body I had when we got married, plus quite a few bags of peanut M & M's strapped on in strategic locations. LOL

Thanks for all the encouragement! Hang in there Jennifer, and everyone.

Tiffany said...

MMMM peanut M&M's!!! My parents have a big bowl in their dinning room that holds and endless supply of peanut M&M's. I always grab a handful when I walk by. It was so tempting last time I visited them, and I stayed away from that bowl-for the first 24 hours and then I broke! ARG! Luckily I still had a loss that week-but I know how hard it is to resist-they just look so yummy and irresistable in that bowl!!