Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My fastest mile yet baby!

I still haven't broken the eight minute mile mark, but I AM getting closer. I ran an 8:18 mile this morning. I felt like I was cruising. Now, that may not sound like very fast, but for my not quite 5'6" body, it was. I normally run for distance, anywhere from 3 to 6 miles... occasionally 7 or 8. But I don't normally run for speed, so it was kinda tough. I am going to get it down to eight minutes, I AM. It's just not going to be today. : )For those of you who are familiar with the treadmill, I started off at 6.7 MPH, and every minute or two, I would increase the speed. My last minute I was up to 8 MPH. Perhaps next week I'll break it. No running tomorrow, I'll be saving my energy for my kick boxing class. : )

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Kristina, that's great! In my running class on Tuesday we did the "Magic Mile" which is supposed to be an uncomfortably quick mile and I finished in 8:32. You can fill your time into the running calculator at McMillanrunning.com and see what your times would be for different race lengths - 200M through marathon. It's kind of fun to see how you shave time off the larger distances by shaving only a couple second off your mile.

Don't you just love speedwork? Makes me feel great!