Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Report from the Plateau

Okay ladies, as I mentioned in the comments to SueAnne's post, I have been a member of the Plateau Club for a couple of months now. I got a little apathetic; I got a little indulgent; and then I got a little sick so all I ate for a couple weeks was ice cream. Result? I got a couple of pounds back. Slowly, but they came back and camped out, right on my thighs.

Since Thanksgiving, however, I have come at myself with renewed enthusiasm and I've taken back off 3.5 pounds in the last two weeks. I'm still not where I was when I was in Guatemala but I'm closer, and it's fairly easy to take it off since I remind myself that I've done it before - that weight does not belong on me, it's just visiting but I need to make it go away before it decides to take up permanent residence.

Apparently I'm on the right path. My goal is to lose the 5-8 pounds that the typical American gains over the holidays. So far so good.

3 comments:

SueAnne said...

Way to get back on Lisa! Your determination always inspires me.
SueAnne

Paige said...

Awesome goal!! I'm proud of you for losing this time of year.
My humble goal is just to NOT gain the 5-8 the average American gains. And to keep exercising. If I can do that I'm good to go. :)

Kristina said...

I've actually gained some weight since Thanksgiving, but I've taken most of it back off. It's REALLY hard to say no to the treats, I have such a sweet tooth. But then I get a couple of compliments over my appearance on this year's Christmas cards, and I find myself motivated all over again. I am not going to turn back into that grossly obese woman that I was last winter. I WILL NOT!!!