Saturday, December 30, 2006

I've been struggling with depression, and eating too much... help!

It's kind of ironic, that after I hit my eighty pound mark a couple of weeks ago, I've really had a battle with depression. And as a result, I've been eating too much, and having more to drink than usual, and because of it, I've gained some weight back. So today I'm taking Jules advice, and I'm starting to journal again, as much as I DON'T want to. I know that I need to. I've worked too hard to get the weight off. This is where I'm at. This was a difficult post for me to do... as you can imagine.

7 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Love you, babe. This will pass. You are an inspiration and you are so strong, even though you don't feel like it today. Love to you! Be good to yourself today.

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

I wanted to bring a different perspective - YOUR DEPRESSION IS CAUSE FOR JOY.

Why? I know that sounds crazy but - think of what you are depressed about - about HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU LOST AND HOW YOU'RE STILL ON A HEALTHY PATH!

So, yeah...you stumbled, and yeah, you're going to be a big girl and start journaling to stay accountable, but look at why you are bummed. YOU ARE BUMMED ABOUT SOMETHING AWESOME!

So, enjoy that at least - then get back on that wagon HONEY :-)

Kimberly B. said...

Depression is something that hits all of us sometimes. This to is one of my big reasons for overeating. Sometimes life throws curve balls at us. You can be strong. You are an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work and pray.

Chickadeeva said...

So, how are your journals coming along darling?

Kristina said...

So far so good Elicia. And I drank a TON of water yesterday too.

Chickadeeva said...

Way to go darling!

Good job. :-) Keep up the great work!

Amy Witt said...

Praying for you and know that Leaning on your Heavenly Father will bring you through this.

Take care of you!!!