Thursday, December 28, 2006

The minivan is finally back to normal...

or as normal as it usually is with three active little boys.

All the relatives have gone home, the desserts (two half pies) have been dumped in the trash and a supply of veggies has been added to the fridge. I got up on time this morning and am not staying up too late.

My family, who I love dearly has one fatal flaw, we are night owls. We stay up too late when we are all together and talk and laugh and totally enjoy each other's company. I could stay up all night talking with my sister as she is my "bestest" girlfriend. But I am glad she is not here all the time or I would never get any sleep because she stays up to talk and the kids get up early running at full speed so I am caught in the middle. I love it but am glad it only lasts for a few days.

I did manage to not totally overeat during the few days. I did have my quiet times with the Lord though not as long as usual. I am glad to get back to our routine.

One thing I realized today, I am starting this year 20 pounds less than I started last year. It is not where I wanted to be but it sure is better than being 20 pound heavier. This year, my goal is 2 pounds per week and stick to the plan.

I also have a new idea for the new year. Our grocery store is only a mile walk from my house, half there and half home. I am thinking we are going to be walking to get the groceries this year. It would make me buy less as I can only carry so much home and we could get some exercise on the way. We did it tonight and it only took an hour to get there, buy the groceries and get home.

There is also a haircut store, bank, Blockbusters,dollar store, Starbucks, postoffice, and Walgreens. Walking is definitely going to be in our future.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Walking to the store is great! Just make sure you have a LARGE, comfortable canvas shopping bag (Central Market sells great ones) because it will make the walk a lot easier than lugging those flimsy plastic bags or balancing the paper ones.

Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Lisa