Saturday, December 16, 2006

OD'd

Hey everybody. So I'm still alive here in NYC, I know haven't really been on here much lately. So kids in the Bronx have a lot of slang that isn't used as much in Washington. One of these is OD. I think it's safe to say you all probably know that to OD is to "over dose". Well, these kids use the terms all the time if they think someone is making too big a deal of something or "over does" something. So I'm constantly hearing, "Ms., thats OD!!" when I tell them to stop doing something or when I give them a lot of work. My point in telling you all this is that last night I "OD'd" on sugar free candy and icecream. Let me tell you ladies, only eat this stuff in moderation, because you don't want to endure what I went through in the middle of the night last night. yuck. It was horrible!! So no more feeding my food addiction with sugar free crap, it's horrible for my digestive system.
I slept for 13 hours last night, got up and went running at the YMCA and weighed myself. I thought, "okay Mandi, you have been eating junk lately and your bloated, be prepared to have gained at least five pounds." well, i stepped on, andI thought i was doing it wrong because I had to move the marker to 100 instead of 150 to find a balance on the scale! I have actually lost two pounds and am at 148.5, the lowest I've EVER been. So, I'm really pumped to get back on the wagon and finish what I started ten months ago. I have 13.5 pounds to go!
I hope you are all having a fantastic holiday season!
l

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Mandi, a big congrats on the scale movin' on down to your lowest ever! That is extremely exciting. Regardless of all of the sugar free crap that you ingested yesterday. :)
I miss you being around these parts. I know I met you through Jules, but I feel like you are a true friend, none the less. Thank you very much for including me on the invitee list to your party once you get back in town. I did appreciate it, and I really do hope that I can make it to your little shin dig. : )
You just get that little butt of yours into the gym, and hopefully I'll see your skinny self in a couple of weeks.

Love,
Kristina