Sunday, December 17, 2006

Back to the truth-telling ticker

I'm back down to what my ticker says...176 even. I had gained a few pounds since Thanksgiving. Now if I can just keep that scale going in the right direction. I kind of sabbotage myself sometimes, by telling myself that I look great, and that I'm entitled to eat whatever I want for the day. But that's when the weight starts to creep back on. I don't want to stay where I'm at. I have a goal, and it is 26 pounds away. Sometimes the perseverance waivers... and I'm also seeing that I still use food as a comfort mechanism, when I'm stressed out. Not always, but probably half of the time. And I don't want to be that woman. I can't afford to be that woman.

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Hey girl! I know how it feels to have the ticker not be quite where the truth lies. Good job though on the self-talk and the determination. You have to tell yourself those things to keep steady on.

I also wanted to say how amazingly different all of our bodies are! I can't fit in an eight, but I weigh less than you do! We are all so wonderfully and delightfully made!

Each of us has a different journey, but we all need to make sure our journey is taking us where we wanna go - GOOD JOB KRIS!

(now hit those stairs, and I'll do 30 sit ups real quick)

Kristina said...

Just so you know, I am a size 8 skirt, but not a size 8 pant. (I wish). I'll get there when I get there. Funny, several months ago, a size 10 was my ultimate goal. I can't wait to get into an 8 in jeans. I will be feelin' oh, so skinny! Heck, I WILL be skinny by then. Skinny for my body, anyhow.

Amy Witt said...

Way to keep it honest. That is a great goal. You are doing so great and I know you can get to that goal. You're my inspiration.

Chickadeeva said...

Well, I didn't know there was a difference between an 8 Skirt and an 8 Pant - HECK GIRL - take that eight any way you can get it!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Don't let yourself sabatoge all you've worked for, girl. Be ruthless with those calories and emotional binges, babe. Absolutely ruthless...you deserve nothing less.

Love, Jules