Saturday, December 16, 2006

Humility

You know, this morning I realized I have stayed away from here because of my own pride and stubborness. It is great to report to you all when I am succeeding and losing weight and get virtual pats on the back but when I am failing and overeating it is just easier to stay away and then I don't have to be confronted with my failure.

This morning, God has spoken to me about this and reminded me that I need to humble myself before Him daily and seek His will over my life. It is not about the weight loss but about learning to turn to Him instead of food when I am feeling tired, stressed, anxious, happy, and any other emotion that creeps into my day. His desire for me is more than weight loss. He wants all of me and He has to peel away the pride and embarassment that keep me from succeeding.

Today, I have prayed and asked God to be in control and to get me out of the way. I am going to report in failure or success. I need to be held accountable for my actions and what a great place to report. You all have been there in success and failure.

I am committed to :
1. Getting up early to spend time with the Lord before the children get up. I am not a morning person but I have to do it in the morning so that I will turn my entire day over to the Lord and his will. In order to do this, I have to set the alarm.

2. Eating only when I am hungry. Eating in moderation. Not eating when I am not hungry, not overeating and not eating white flour, high sugars, and caffeine.

3. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day.

4. Exercise daily for 30 minutes.

I am going to report in each day with you all; success of failure. Hold me accountable and pray for me as this is a lifelong stronghold that God is working on and the enemy is strong but God is stronger!! He alone can bring victory!

3 comments:

Glitzyguru said...

I totally know how you feel. God has been on my case lately too, thankfully. :) Just lean on his strength and he'll enable you to do anything!

Kristina said...

Oh Amy, we are here, and we know where you're coming from. Everyone struggles, and no one wants to post when they are down. Let us pick you back up girl. We are all here to lean on one another, through the great times, and the not so great times. I believe in you!

Kristina

SueAnne said...

I believe in you too Amy. Stay honest and don't give up.
SueAnne