Thursday, March 08, 2007

Things that go Bump In the Night (On the Scales)

For the first time since before Christmas, I got up the courage to step on the scales this morning and...you know what?...not so scary after all. I knew that I'd gained back some weight, but I had horribly huge figures stuck in my head (I kid you not, I wouldn't have been surprised to find myself where I was when I started all of this - depressed, yes; surprised, no.)

So the worst is behind me and it wasn't so bad after all. I can now get my tush in gear and get on about the business of getting this not-so-scary amount of weight off me.

And that sound? The one you hear? Utter and total relief.

Love to you all,
Lisa

4 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Oh good! One thing I've decided is to not stop weighing myself no matter what. Every time I do that it means I'm giving myself permission to blow it. Denial does horrible things to my body. I'm glad your news wasn't bad like mine was the first time I got on the scale after a long while. :)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Yippee! It is amazing how our worst fears never come true...thank God for that one. You are terrific at making goals and pursuing them, Lisa. This time will be no different.

Jules

Kristina said...

I know what you mean girlfriend. The scale can be a scary thing, ESPECIALLY if you have been purposefully avoiding it.

I did something today to motivate myself. I tried on a few things that I haven't worn for a couple of months, knowing that they would be snug. But what I did was I REMEMERED how I felt about eight or nine pounds ago in them, and how shapely I felt, and how I want to get back to where I was and beyond.
It's kinda weird though, because I know that I'm a bit more muscular than I was a few months ago, especially in the legs... so how do I guage myself accurately? Hmmmmm...

Amy Witt said...

Way to be honest. THat scale stares at me from the bathroom floor. Good for you for getting on it and just facing the truth. YOu are a great woman and I know you can do whatever you set your mind to. I could hear your sigh all the way in Collin County!!