Saturday, March 10, 2007

An excellent quote...

" Anything unattempted, remains impossible." I saw this on a business sign today. I thought about how it applied to many facets of our lives, and not just weight loss. But how fitting it seemed particularly concerning losing a huge amount of weight. I remember when I tipped the scales at 255 pounds, just a little over a year ago. I remember thinking how difficult, and at times seemingly impossible it would be just to break out of the 200's. And yet here I am today, 70 pounds lighter, being able to run five miles, and lift 61,000 pounds in one single workout session. Now this is extreme, I don't normally push myself that hard in one single session, but I did it. Me, and not another. Who is to tell me that anything is impossible?! If I can get into shape girls, than you can too! Don't let yourself be drug back down if you've failed. We ALL fail. But we all have the ability to get back up again too. I've got 30 more pounds to lose, and lose it I WILL!

6 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I know another great quote - "What one (wo)man can do, another can do."

Kris, your gift of encouragement shines so bright here and I am so very proud to call you my friend.

You make me proud to be a woman.

WOAH man!

Mom2the6Rs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom2the6Rs said...

Great post, Kristina! Love your spirit. Thanks for the workout today. Thanks for your heart. Love you.


Jules

kimiko said...

Kristina,
What a great thing to remember. I am at the place where you were when you first started. It all seems so overwhelming, but I know if I just put one foot in front of the other I will make my goals too. You are a wonderful example to look up to. Thanks for the encouragement!

Amy Witt said...

Your encouragement is just what I needed this morning. Thank you for your spirit of "YOU CAN DO IT".

Anonymous said...

That is very encouraging to hear. I started in November at 252 lbs. I haven't stepped on the scale sense though. I'm going by inches until I know I'm below the 200's, which will be a while.

I had my son ask me the other day if he could get me something to eat. I told him that I wasn't hungry because I'd just eaten lunch. He asked me what I ate because I was becoming too skinny and wanted to make sure that I wasn't starving myself basically. My greatest supporter....I could probably starve for a year and still not look too skinny :0)