Sunday, October 22, 2006

Yes I am alive

Okay the guilt of not posting and Julie's kind note have caused me to make amends with the computer and blog. I have been SLOWLY dropping a few pounds. I am down to 137.2 and pretty happy with that. My next big goal is to hit the 135 mark. About a week ago I was to have my body fat tested at the gym but I called and cancelled. I know, I know, I know..... however we had had a totally booked weekend and I so needed a break. Anyway, I promise to go this week and get measured. I need the info to make my next goals meaningful. Anyway- I have been reading you all just not posting lately. I recently had to remind myself to look back into my past so I could see how far I have come. I have lost 21.6 pounds so far. Now that doesn't sound like much when you look at Julie or Kristina but I am a small person and for me that is a lot of weight. Having said that I recently went to my freezer and grabbed the 20 pound turkey out it. I walked around a bit carrying that turkey. Wow, did that put things into perspective! So, I challenge you all to pick up the weight you have lost and remember what it felt like to carry around that weight. Then put it down the weight, walk away and smile! Sometimes looking back is a great way to fuel our engines so we can move forward. ( Now Jules and Kristina, don't go lifting 60+ pounds and hurting yourselves! You awesome chicks you!)
So to the gym I go this week. I still have to up my water intake and my vitamins are just not getting taken. Will check in again on Friday.
Jenny

2 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Hey Jenny,

Sounds like you've got a great attitude and a plan. Yes, you're a little one and 21 lbs is a lot. I think about how much lighter I'll be for the horse, when I start losing lbs....

Mom2the6Rs said...

Jenny, I changed your ticker, babe. Good job and nice talking with you today. You are a peach and I am so proud of you. Your family is so blessed to have you as queen bee.

Jules