Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I am not lost...I have been set free.

God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com

This is where I have been. I spent the month of September planning the yearly women's retreat for my church which was the first weekend in October. (I did not gain nor did I lose but just maintained during that time and was still at the same weight) The retreat was so awsome and I came away renewed and refreshed. The shared with the speaker my struggles with overeating and the inability to stop. Weight Watchers was not working anymore. She shared this website with me http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/ and how it had freed her from the sin of gluttony. ( I know, I hate that word but that is what it is and now that I can call it as such, it is so freeing to know what held me captive.)

This is a 60 day course in learning how to turn over to God all the feelings and emotions that I had used food for in the past. I had not said anything about it because I was afraid of another failure. But alas it is not so. Only God and God alone could bring about this change in me. I have white knuckled it through weightloss in the past so many times but now it is with God that I am only eating when I am hungry. The feelings to overeat still come (it has only been 14 days) but I have not given into the temptation rather I have filled my soul with scripture, praise, singing, and Bible Study.

I still have a long way to go as I have been an active sinner for many years and I have many bad habits to overcome but daily, walking with the Lord I am learning how to turn this over to the one who has overcome the world. If you are still white knuckling it or struggling as I was, come on over to the Lord's Table and learn to feast on HIM.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Amy, what an encouraging post! I'm very happy that the Lord is giving you this victory. He is so very, very faithful.
Glad to see you posting again.
Kristina

Lisa said...

You go on with your skinnier-self! Welcome back!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amy, terrific post, babe. You are so right and I am glad that you recognized that W.W. wasn't doing it for you anymore. It is good to change what is not working and try something that speaks more to what your struggles truly are.

I am so proud of you! How's the homeschooling going for the year? We are loving AO.

Love, Jules

SueAnne said...

Way to go Amy. Nice to hear from you and such an encouraging post.
SueAnne