Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wednesdays are now my new ME day!


Hello everyone~

I know I haven't posted in a LONG time but I wanted to share some of my news with all of you. My mind set hasn't been with losing weight since June. I knew something else was going on so I started seeing a counselor. Last week he gave me an assignment that I had to pick one day a week that was going to be for me and during this day I am going make healthy choices when I eat and I am going to work out. So I have picked Wednesdays to do this and tomorrow will be my first day. (Give me the strenght!)

You would think that since I work around people trying to lose weight that this would be easier for me. I think it has actually had a negative effect on me. I hear people making excuses about their weight loss so much. I think it's time to find a new job and focus on myself now. So I will update everyone on my Wednesday :)

Coreen

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Coreen, I totally hear you about the excuses. Its exactly for that reason my Dr suggested I NOT join a support group for my Fibromyalgia :-) He said I'd talk myself into a depression!

I'm really proud of you for taking a day for yourself. You need to learn to enjoy being good to yourself - more than you need to work out hardcore or be on a strict diet.

You will find with a little time and treating yourself that you will desire to do so above and beyond what you started with. Over time, you'll be back on a health track with a newfound zeal!

Mom2the6Rs said...

I am proud of you, Corrie, for seeking the help that you need. Don't compare yourself or your journey to others, just work through what you need to do for you at this time in your life.

I am excited for Wednesdays for you! What a special day to celebrate who you are by taking extra care of yourself. I think this is a great idea!

Also, may I suggest a good book to you? It is by Martha Beck and it is titled "The Joy Diet". It is not a diet about eating, it is a diet about finding joy. It is terrific. I actually checked it out on audio CD and downloaded it to my ipod. I have the hard copy version as well.

Love you,
Jules

SueAnne said...

Coreen,
That sounds like a good start. Something specific to focus on breaks the whole battle down into bite size (pun intended) pieces. Tomarrow is Wednesday. Have a great, health for Coreen day.
Another book I have found helpful is a devotional called "Thin Within". It is a 30 day devotional and each day's material is rich in substance. Walking in God's grace and standing firm in your position in Christ.
Have a great Wednesday.
SueAnne

Coreen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Coreen said...

Thank you for the nice comments and the suggestions for those books. Great idea putting it on the IPod. I'm going to have to remember that one. Thanks for the encouragement :)