Friday, October 06, 2006

New Focus

Hello everyone,
The good news is I weighed in and I weigh what my ticker says I way (no gain, no loss). One too many mocha fraps make me relieved at not gaining.

I have a new focus for the month of October. I have been bombing out on journaling and counting calories. This has been my focus. Just kept thinking I could "get back to it". But I would wake up off to a good start most days (I keep it right on the kitchen counter by the fridge), but usually not finish the day's journal although I would log all my water, vitamins, and workouts. However, a solid month of failing at my main goal (journaling) was really getting me down and tempting me to give up. Plus, my pendulum swings wide ladies. Walking the path of my own strength leads me to legalism or license.

So my focus for October is to lay off the Mocha fraps (none this week:), maintain my water intake and workouts 4-5 times a week. I am shifting my focus only. My exercise routine has needed some beefing up. For the food I consume, I am focusing on my body as God's temple and speaking to Him before, during, and after everything I eat. So I guess He is my journal this month. This has been very freeing and powerful, since this whole journey is my thorn in the flesh anyway. But I became convicted that I was trying to operate in my own strength and needed to press into the Lord or lose my mind. I am only eating when my body is hungry, and stopping before I am full. (This is harder than it sounds).

God bless you all!
SueAnne

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Do you know how to tell when you're full? I try to stop about 3/4 thru the meal and wait a few minutes...I'll listen to someone talk, or gaze into the distance, but I'll give my body a chance to 'read' the FULL signal that my brain is trying to send my stomach.

It takes a few minutes for your stomach's signal to get to your brain, so give it a chance to get there. It may save you a few unnecessary spoonfuls.

Jenny V said...

Congrats on the zero Mocha Frapps!!! Celebrate this small victory before you move on! It may sound silly but I know how hard it is to drive by the big Starbucks! I like your idea of asking God before eating anything. I may do that myself. Keep on keeping on!
Jenny

Mom2the6Rs said...

SueAnne and Jesus...sounds like the makings of a winning team to me!

Jules