Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm a wee bit tired this mornin'!

I'm already ready pretty worn out from my sister's visit from Atlanta, (she was here a week). Between her being here, helping my mom who had some major surgery a couple of weeks ago, and running my own household, I've been a very busy girl. Well, yesterday I went for my two mile walk at 5:15 am with my neighbor, then went straight to Curves for my strength training. Came home, tried to get caught up on my own housework. Loaded the boys up, went to Whidbey Island to help my mom out for the afternoon. Came back across, did my grocery shopping. Just finished putting the last can on the pantry shelf when my hubby got home, about an hour earlier than he usually does. So we had this marvelous idea to use the free pass to the YMCA. Which we did, AFTER we got Willem some tennis shoes. Willem and I played racket ball for about forty minutes, and then we went to town on the stationary bikes. We both did about 7 miles. And of course we had to compete with each other. (I let him win). Not really, he's an excellent cyclelist. But man, by the time I took my shower... it was practically bed time. I tried to stay awake to watch the Biggest Loser, but fell asleep! And now my right arm is complaining from playing racket ball. It feels good to be sore from excercising though, really good.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that makes me tired just reading about it!

I've been going to Ab Night at the Y and man are my tummy muscles sore - but in that good way that you describe.

Doesn't it feel great to feel so bad about doing something so great?

Chickadeeva said...

Can you imagine doing this a year ago...?? I am sure you wouldn't have been able to handle all the emotional and physical activity.

You are amazing.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Holy Cow! No wonder you are tired! That sure sounds like a different Kristina than I used to know. Look at the energy in that woman! You go, girl! But take care of yourself along the way. Ha!

Jules

elisa said...

"...and then we went to town on the stationary bikes."
You know when it's late in the evening and one has had a glass (or more)of wine this can be a very confusing statement. But I got it after a few tries.
You are amazing!

Kristina said...

Thanks for all of the support guys! I cannot even imagine doing this last Fall. I've come so far. : )

Lis,
sorry about the confusion on the bikes. I'm glad you got it sorted out. What you wrote made me laugh!

Chickadeeva said...

Lisa you are hysterical.