Saturday, October 14, 2006

Small step for some, HUGE LEAP for Elicia


Many of you know that I've been trying to increase my endurance. I'm not big on working out and equitation has become my physical therapy.

After ONE YEAR of learning, riding and working I have finally been able to go cross country schooling. Now, I'd never heard of that before a year ago, so check it out here if you want more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-country_equestrianism

I describe more of my experience on my blog, but I wanted to sare with you a big success for me.

The reason I'm trying to get fitter, is embarassingly enough - NOT for much else but to be able to have more fun. I'd like to have a real pretty zen/philosophical/healthy/insightful story to tell about my weight loss/health journey. Its as simple as simple as wanting to have fun :-)

I have NOT lost any weight in the past week. I have NOT gained any either. I'm just kinda here.
But, I'm so pumped from being able to school that I am motivated to keep doing my isometrics and weights. A fellow rider is going to lend me her Pilates CDs so I can check them out.

Thanks for listening ...

I'm a JUMPER!

1 comment:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Proud of you, babe! Feels good to accomplish out dreams, or at least to set out on the path that leads to them. Giving ourselves permission to succeed is important. Giving ourselves leave to follow the unknown is a terrific excersize in self-love.

Jules