Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm a little bit frightened!

My neighbor lady doesn't want to walk at stupid o'clock in the morning anymore. : ( She's getting too tired, and the weather is getting too cold. I've been LOVING getting the extra excercise, and I'm sorely going to miss it. We can't afford membership at the YMCA until probably December, ( as my hubby usually get a decent bonus). We had a free three time trial, which we loved. In fact, I'm still sore from playing volleyball with my honey two nights ago. I'm just afraid that I'm going to not be able to lose anymore without the extra excercise. I actually gained a few pounds while my mom was in the hospital, and my sister was visiting. I was able to lose them again however, which is really good. Maybe I should just start having some dance sessions with my kids, since the weather is turning icky, and it's getting dark early again. I could use some support, I still have like thirty pounds to lose. And the holidays are looming. It's been like 10 1/2 months since my life has really turned around. Almost a year! I was really wanting to make it to 85 pounds by my one year mark, which is January the 8th, my next wedding anniversary.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I can sympathize. I lost my regular weekly tennis partner about 6 weeks ago - I was a better player and I always won in straight sets, but as the weather became 100+ when we played, I quit letting her win a few games each time. After three weeks of 6-0/6-0 matches, she decided she wanted to play against someone she could beat. Bah.

As for the Y, I don't know about there but down here they have a fairly hefty membership fee in addition to the monthly charge for when you join. Each year (down here) they drop the membership fee from $175 to $25/50/75 right after the new year to recruit new members. If you're going to be waiting until Christmas, you may want to ask if your Y does anything like that.

I hate to say this Kristina, especially since you have accomplished SO MUCH (and I don't want it to come out wrong), but I'm glad you shared that you were struggling a bit. I've been feeling a little discouraged, having stalled here lately, and it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this. Thank you.

Now onwards and upwards (and, um, downwards - with the scale)!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Try your stairs...Put up an ad at your Curves for an AM walking partner...buy a large dog and walk him in the morning (drastic, but effective)..."Walk" to curves in the AM. Maybe the fitness place by Ross is more reasonable than the Y?

Love you, Jules
I believe in you!

Paige said...

Kristina,
Ever thought about doing videos at home? Granted, I'm not a big out-of-home exerciser (I'm a homebody in general as a rule anyway) but I have found the most success with exercising with the Firm. It might be a way to get flexible, easy exercise at home?!!?

Chickadeeva said...

Hey, do you have cable?

FitTV has some great programs...