Sunday, January 13, 2008

Two Steps Forward....

Ok, good for me, I was able to ride twice this week. However, when I went with the family up snowboarding yesterday, I couldn't get very far. In fact, I was able to do three, maybe for runs and then I had to stop.

It was a bummer. My legs were too weak. I wasn't able to keep up. My board had just been freshly waxed, so it was FAST. The conditions were great - lots of snow to cushion my weak falls.

But, I am bummed. I really had hoped that I'd have been stronger for Saturday and not weaker.

Baby steps, huh?

4 comments:

Mom said...

You're doing great, give yourself credit. Like any other sport, you can't expect to be 100% in the very beginning and snow boarding is a very intense sport. How good do you think you would have done before the loss?

Chickadeeva said...

Thanks Jan for your kind words. You're right...I was going to ride today to 'get back' at my body for letting me down yesterday, but then I realized that wasn't a good idea.

I've been exerting and crashing all week and my body is telling me to slow down, not plow forward.

So, I think I'm going to skip the ride, and take my doggie on a pleasant walk around the neighborhood.

Lisa said...

I'm with Jan. Elicia, you seem like a force of nature most of the time but even you can't expect that your body will not require a break every now and then. You're doing great though - making a concerted effort to be really active. Just make sure you take enough downtime too!

Kristina said...

Yeah girl, give yourself credit! Heck, I've never snow boarded before, I bet that is really tough on your legs.
Baby steps are GREAT. : )