Monday, January 28, 2008

Did I Mention That I Hurt?

This morning, I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck - but yesterday was fantastic. I ran my first half marathon in 2:14.50 - a full 9 minutes faster than I figured I would. After a few more ice packs, some ibuprofen and a massage, I think I'll register for another one.


I am sore (okay, REALLY sore) but happy. What a great feeling!


Update: I've called in the cavalry and gotten a massage appointment for this evening after work. And it looks like I will try to run my next half marathon in 2 weeks (!) so that a friend from my training class won't have to run it solo. I get the vague feeling that this might be a little crazy.

3 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow, Lisa! Amazing! Is this the same Texan lawyer we met so many months ago??? You have reinvented yourself!

Congratulations!

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

So proud of you!!!

Kristina said...

Way to go lady! I'm soooo proud of you too!! : )