Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trying to get back on track.

It seems like it wasn't just the holidays, something is really different for me now. It's like walking through concrete to try to eat right. I have had weeks where I am just struggling so hard trying to be good and then I get to dinner and just lose it. Yesterday I was over 2200 calories for the day, that's 700 more than I usually aim for.

It sucks because I was down to 160 and then Christmas came and I shot way up to 168 without even enjoying the foods. I was still really restricting my foods. BUt I shot up anyway. Now I am back to 160 and the craving and stuff have not gone away.

I wanted to take my food journal off line, it's public right now, I wanted to take it down so that my blog readers wouldn't see what I have been eating. But I am going to keep at it. Starting fresh with every meal and hoping to God to get through this first day.

Man, sometimes it's really hard.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

If it were easy, no one would be overweight. The most important thing is that even though you're feeling discouraged and tormented by cravings, you are standing by your resolve to do what is best for yourself, not indulge in what is easy. That alone is the biggest part of the battle, and I'm proud of you for standing fast. I'll say a little prayer that your cravings lessen, but I know that you are tough enough to get through them on your own.

Jennifer said...

It is really hard to get back on track when you've lost your momentum. I've been experiencing that struggle for months. I haven't gained, but I'm still a long way from my goal weight. I told myself that when the holidays were over I'd be right back on it, but here we are 10 days past New Year's and I'm still goofing off. :-P

Littleladyhead said...

I'm excited that you are going to try out TOPS and it's SOOOO close to you!
Let me know how you like it? It's going to be different than anything you have ever been to (diet facility etc. because it's all about SUPPORT!) the friendships you will develop are amazing! Everyone will just welcome you with open arms!
It's a VERY loving atmosphere - non judgmental.
Huge hugs!
Monica